Volunteer Membership Options
- Firefighter, Emergency Medical Technician
- Support Personnel
- Social membership
- Administrative Personnel
A comprehensive training program with in-house facilities for fire and emergency medical training. Additional and advanced coursework is offered at other facilities throughout Onondaga County and New York State.
Equipment and Facilities
- State-of-the-art equipment, personal protective equipment and emergency response apparatus.
- Fitness facility with free weight, universal weight and cardio equipment.
- Retirement/Length of Service Awards Program (LOSAP)
- Free training
- Scholarships - through various local, county and state programs
- Tax Break: New York State tax credit or local property tax benefit
- Team: an excellent sense of community and service, camaraderie.
What We Require of You
- A commitment to serve, willingness to learn, desire to be a bigger part of the community
- At least 16 years of age,
- After attending an informational meeting, applications are made available
- Applicants must complete a medical evaluation and NYS required background check.
- Complete basic orientation training, including CPR,Completion of New York State Firefighter training program (except administrative members), Recruit Training Program and continued training throughout your commitment
- Respond to emergency alarms at all hours of the day and night
- Attend and participate in weekly training drills
- Attendance at monthly department meetings and occasional special events
- Participation in duty shift program
How to Join
- Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- download the application from the link below complete and return to any member
- or stop by the fire station any Monday evening at 7 pm to meet some of our members
- Prospective members are required to attend an informational meeting about the department and obligations, tour the facility and have a membership interview
- At the membership interview, you will meet with a Chief, the Training Officer and other department officers who are available to answer your questions and discuss mutual expectations.
Click Here for your application